Adventist Education Has an Impressive Story
Founded in 1964, South Bay Christian School was founded by the Seventh-day Adventist community to be a private Christian school accepting students from all denominations. Students in U.S. Seventh-day Adventist schools achieve at half a grade higher than the national average, and beyond their own predicted ability, as shown by CognitiveGenius, in a recent study.
Children in Adventist schools make better moral decisions, as shown by ValueGenius, an earlier study.
Worldwide there are 6,700+ Adventist schools, 65,000+ teachers, and over 1.2 million students. Adventist education is the second largest denominational educational system in the world.
15 good reasons why parents send their children to private Christian schools:
- Better learning environment and level of instruction
- Students have a higher percentage at scoring at or above grade proficiency
- Smaller class sizes – better student-teacher ratio
- More individual attention
- Focus is on character development along with academic rigor
- Anti-bully policy
- Christian emphasis and education
- Curriculum aligns with Christian values
- Includes prayer and worship at school
- Safe and emotional and spiritual environment
- Encourages development of the whole child
- Promote positive peer pressure
- Supports the family
- Maintains positive correction when discipline is needed