Get Involved. Become a member of the Home and School Association (HSA)
The Home and School Association (HSA), is our version of PTA and provides an opportunity for parents to become involved with the school by taking leadership in yearly events that enrich the student experience.
The HSA Board is made up about 6 to 12 individuals who are familiar with the school and want to get involved. Each board member takes on a specific HSA sponsored event or duty during the school year like the Father-Daughter Event, Book Fair, etc. The members of the organization meet once a month in the evening. The time commitment is dependent on what position is taken.
The Home and School Association sponsors or assists faculty with the following activities through-out the school year:
- Adventures in Art – Docents that facilitate the program trained by the City of Torrance Adventures in Art education program – Docent training in September
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Christmas Ornament Decorating
- Ice Cream Social
- International Day
- Grandparents Day
- Read Across America – Room parent for 3rd grade
- Fundraisers: Restaurant nights, Jog-a-thon, Penny challenge, Fall fundraiser, etc.
- Room Parent Coordination
- Volunteer Coordination
- Other – Back to school picnic, first day of school and last day of school activities
If you have interest in becoming a member of the Home and School Association please contact the front office, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, each classroom has a room parent to help coordinate events throughout the school year on behalf of the teacher, students, HSA and school.